Saturday, February 9, 2013

food food food

 I made some green juice earlier for lunch.  I forgot how yummy it was.
2 bunchs of kale
2 green apples
4 celery stalks
1 cucumber
1/2 lemon

I drank it and then drove with Justin to work.  The Shops at Wailea is 3.2 miles from our apartment.  I walk/ran home!  I ran 1.2 miles of the trek.  Walked the rest.  Towards the end the outside of my thighs were KILLING me.  The massage therapist I saw awhile back said it was potassium buildup, and that I need to stretch and hydrate more.  Or maybe the pain was the fat burning away?  Lol, a girl can hope, right?

Yesterday, I saw a facebook post from a friend of mine, Chelsea.  She had taken the pulp from her green juice and formed it into patties and made a burger out of it.  I HAD to try this.

I grabbed my veggies out of the fridge from earlier today and mixed them with an egg.  I formed two of them into patties and dropped them in the George Foreman.  I got a little ahead of myself, and opened it too soon.  This is what I saw:
 Oops.  So I scraped the top back onto the bottoms and cooked them for another few minutes.

When I thought they were nice and brown, I pulled them off, and threw a corn tortilla in a little bit of olive oil on the stove.  For now, I've given up on all kinds of bread, gluten-free or otherwise, until I can figure out why its making me sick.

I put a piece of colby jack on the patty, topped it with teriyaki sauce, and tucked it inside the crispy corn tortilla.  You guys, it was yummy!!  :)
When I texted Justin, he let me know that I was going to poop myself, since the veggies is pure fiber.  Haha, thanks hunny.


Yesterday, I tried out a new pinterest recipe that I found.  It was for bruschetta chicken.  Also pretty good.  Half the pan was 8 weight watchers points.  The recipe did call for the chicken to be coated in flour.  I think next time I'll skip it, or maybe use something else.  Another pinner suggest using crushed nuts or something of that nature.  I think that would be yummy too, and would make it gluten-free.
You can find the recipe here.  Also, marinating the chicken beforehand is a MUST.  Otherwise you have bland chicken with yummy bruschetta on top.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment