Friday, February 8, 2013

hungry for change

When I came here last to lament about my latest failings, I was at 148.

Apparently it takes a bit more weight gain to get my attention.  I weighed in earlier this week at 161.  uggghhhhhh.  so fat.  Time to once again take control of my body and my life, and stay on the path to healthiness.

I watched a food documentary on Netlix last week called Hungry for Change.  The movie talked about how most Americans go about their lives eating and eating and eating, but that our bodies are still hungry.  Hungry for the vitamins and nutrients that most of the foods we eat lack.

I want to focus more on that....on holistic eating.  I feel like I've said that before.  I know I have.  But I'm also thinking that focusing more on my overall health is more important than my weight.  I get fixated on my weight, on the numbers.  But no matter how skinny I am, it won't mean I'm healthy.  In these past months, I have been eating crap.  And because I haven't been healthy, my weight has increased.  So once again, I'm getting back to basics, eating more fruits and veggies, and the weight loss will happen right along with it.

I re-signed up for Weight Watchers on Tuesday.  This morning I was down 2 pounds. I think my body is rejoicing...haha.  Its silly that I need a program to tell me not to eat too much, but I guess that's what I need.  I'm a lifer.

As soon as I get over this sickness, I start running again.  I already signed up for the Maui 5K in April.  I have quite a bit of catching up to do, but I'm going to do it.  I want to be able to at least jog the whole thing.  No walking!

My next mini goal is 153.

current weight: 159
Next mini goal: 6 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment