Saturday, May 14, 2016

TWO!

-2 POUNDS!

I'm not going to lie, I do not feel like I earned that 2 pounds AT ALL.  I thought the scale was broken.  I weighed myself like...5 times.  Called Justin into the bathroom to weigh himself to shake up the scale a little bit.  Haha.

I was fighting a cold ALL week.  Started on Sunday morning, and I'm still sniffling and a little achy.  I told my body that I don't have time to be sick right now.  Too much to do!  So I pushed on through work.  Unfortunately I gave whatever I have to Adalei too, so now she's cranky and sniffly too.  Boo.

Continued to walk this week.  No workout videos.  I keep telling myself when school is out I'll hit them again full force.

I've been reading a lot lately on the science of weight loss.  A study came out last week about the participants of The Biggest Loser.  I think it's not that shocking to find out that a lot of them have gained some or all of the weight back--when you losing all your weight in a controlled setting, it's hard to do that on your own when you're reintroduced to the real world.  What IS fascinating is that 8 years after the show ended, these participants metabolisms never recovered.  They still burn calories at a slower rate than they did BEFORE they lost all their weight.  So now they're super heavy again, and are having an impossible time keeping the weight off.  Not only did I feel sad for these people (because I watch the show and find it very inspiring), but it just shows how we still have so much to learn about our bodies and weight loss.

9 days of school left.  32 days until I go home! :)

See you next week!

Current weight: 17.6 lbs.
Pre-pregnancy goal: 2.6 lbs. to go!
Total weight loss: 17.4 lbs. 

❤️ Kayleen

No comments:

Post a Comment