Saturday, March 6, 2010

a plan, and a little progress

-0.9 pounds.  It's a negative number!  yay!

I e-mailed my doctor last week after I spazzed about not losing weight for nearly a month.  Here was his advice:

-Start adding lifting into my work out routines.  He said the more muscle you have, the harder your body has to work to maintain the muscle, and that is a good way to continue to increase my resting metabolism and burn more calories.

-Also, taking green tea supplements before eating meals can speed up my metabolism and curb my appetite.

Surprising, the green tea pills have worked.  I don't get nearly as many munchy cravings and can go longer without getting ravenously hungry, which is nice since my morning classes are LONG.
I haven't had a chance to lift--I actually didn't make it into the gym all week.  This has been hell week for me regarding classes.  I even missing water aerobics on Monday because I've been so insanely tired.

I think this week would've been better if I could've worked out as much as I normally do, but that's okay.  I'm happy I got a result, and hopefully it will continue as long as I can get my muscle building in.  Butter's old roomie Evan even offered to take me to the gym and work me out.  We had planned to do it this past week, but I just had too much homework each night he called me.  Next week hopefully!

Hopefully next Friday will be great too!   :)

Current weight: 178.6
Weight to lose in order to be 'overweight' and not 'obese':  3.6 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment