Friday, May 20, 2011

Moving forward...again!

On Sunday, January 9th, 2011, I made a mini-goal of losing 5% of what I weighed at that time.  It was 8.7 pounds.

This morning, when I stepped on the scale, I finally made that goal, plus a little more. 
It took more a little more than NINETEEN WEEKS to lose 9 pounds.  Excuse my french, but that effing sucks.  A LOT.

This morning when I stepped on the scale, after almost 3 weeks of not doing so, I did lose 2.4 pounds,
which was super exciting!  But then, when I went back to see when I had started my mini-goal, I was pretty disappointed in myself to see how little progress I had made in my last semester at school. 

But that's okay!  It's summer, which for me has always been the best time to make progress in my weight loss journey.  And I really don't have anything better to do right now then exercise.  I'm working 20-ish hours a week, and the rest of the time, I facebook and watch Grey's...haha.

Yesterday I did go on an epic walk--3.2 miles around Burien with just my iPod to keep me company.  It was fantastic because the sun was shining and I got to wear shorts.  :)  Aaannndddd I did make a pit stop at my favorite thrift store, which lead to the finding and the purchasing of a Banana Republic top and a dress for a grand total of $3.46!  :)

Today I'm going to explore the downtown area and go to the library.  I got my library card in the mail yesterday, which pretty much makes me an official Burien-ite.  :)  Not having a car to drive right now is actually really good for me, because then I just walk everywhere instead!

As for goals, I'll just shoot for another 5% of my current weight, which would be 8.2 pounds.  And hopefully this time it won't take 19 weeks to finish.  I'm hoping more like 4-6 weeks.  :)

Current weight: 165.1
New 5% goal weight to lose: 8.2

No comments:

Post a Comment