Friday, June 29, 2012

body challenges

+1 pound.

Lamesauce.  
I didn't post last week--I had zeroed out for the week, and had nothing to report.  I hadn't exercised a lot like I had said I would. 

In the middle of last week, I was super excited to really start working out my tummy.  I googled a bunch of floor exercises that target my core, and did them 2 nights in a row.  On the third night, I finished my reps, and immediately felt the muscles in the small of my back bulging out.  I woke up the next morning and could hardly bend over.  This has been going on for a week and a half now.  :(  Most of the pain is in my lower back, but if I have a full shift at work, the pain starts to shoot down into my hips and thighs.  I've tried stretching, walking, hot showers, uggghhh. 

So needless to say, I've been pretty sedentary.  I've looked into chiropractors, but without insurance, they are SOOO expensive.  I did schedule myself a massage for Monday through the massage school.  I'm hoping I can take a muscle relaxant and then they can kneed out whatever the hell is going on in my back!  The only real exercise I can handle is walking on the beach.  There's something about the sand that doesn't piss off my back too much.  :)

A rack in the store I never thought I would be shopping...
I'm hoping Justin and I can start hot yoga again soon.  We tried it for a week in Burien, but I gave up on it after I gained weight at the end of the week.  (Looking back, the weight gain could've been ANYTHING, but because the hot yoga was already hard, I blamed it instead.)  But I am excited to give it another try.  From what I've read about hot yoga, it can really help realign the back, and also help issues with the intestines.  (Pretty much the 2 parts of my body that plague me on a regular basis!)  I just wish it wasn't so expensive!  But I think we're going to give it a try again.  There's a studio here in Kihei that has morning and evening classes, and is only a couple of miles down the road from our apartment.

Regardless of a little bit of weight gain and a shitty back, life has been great.  :)  I went shopping the other day, and I can officially buy shorts in size 8!  :)  I am a single digit size!  Never thought I'd be able to say that!  :)

This week, I'm going to focus on walking everyday, the wellness of my back, AND I'm not going to drink.  I feel like my happy hours beers may also be the culprit of my 1 pound gain.  So we're going to give the beer a break for now.  I love it, but it only upsets my tummy anyways.

See you next week, hopefully with some betters news! 

Current weight: 136 pounds
Weight to lose to reach final goal: 6 pounds
Total weight loss: 88 pounds

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have a protruding lumbar. Don't push it, I know you want to get back into it but stick with the walking on the beach for now. Once you push it and really hurt it it's a pain in the ass to heal. If the pain is shooting down your thighs it's hitting your sciatic nerve. Maybe start taking 4 Advil every 4 hours for the next few days. The swelling should go down and once that happens the nerve won't be getting hit anymore. So shitty though in the mean time. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your size 8. :) I'd kill to be a size 6 again.

    ReplyDelete