Friday, June 15, 2012

Juicing backlash

+2 pounds

Blehhhhhhhhhh.

It's okay. It really is. Honestly, I have felt pretty damn awful this past week.

I did not transition out of my juice fast like I should have. In my mind, I had been so deprived for so long (only 10 days...lol), that I just went back to eating the way I was before. Which, don't get me wrong, is not bad at all. I eat pretty damn well. Buttttt, my body was not ready to digest whole, complex foods, and I didn't listen to my body. I've had a crazy amount of heartburn, and upset stomachs. I almost went back on the juicing the other day, because I was feeling disgusting and I felt like I had seriously wasted the last 10 days of progress. But that's okay. You live and you learn.

Next time, I will actually eat raw the 3-5 days after my fast. And maybe I won't do the fast for so long. But I still feel very positive about the whole experience. It may be an overshare, but my period started the last couple days of my fast, and it was seriously the least invasive period I've ever had. I would consider juicing the few days before every month if it meant no cramps and general crap feeling that usually accompanies that time of the month. All the vitamins and micronutrients were good for something! :)

This next week, I'm going to focus on my exercise. I kept saying how much I missed being able to do so, and then I felt so gross I barely did it anyways this past week. So I'm going to work those two pounds back off the old fashioned way! :)

I did finally make these black bean burgers last night. Besides a few hiccups, these actually turned out pretty well. Before this recipe, I had no idea what quinoa even was, but it's actually really good! Oh, and google the pronunciation for the word "quinoa," because it's not at all what you think...haha.

So my focus for this next week is exercise. Lots of exercise!

Current weight: 135 pounds
Weight to lose to reach final goal: 5 pounds
Total weight loss: 89 pounds

2 comments:

  1. We love quinoa in our recipes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayleen,

    I'm not even sure what I googled this morning to have your blog pop up, but regardless of what it was..it was meant to be! I am struggling to lose weight myself and I started weight watchers February 2012. I started at 187.8 and currently I'm at 172.2 - a loss of 15.6lbs. I too fluctuate up/down easily. at one point I was down 18.8 lbs but have gone on vacation and other things having way too much fun and not caring. Your blog is SO inspiring and I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS! You are the type of person weight watchers needs as an inspirational role model. NOT Jessica Simpson or anyone else we "normal" people can't relate to. I know you will reach your Final Goal very soon and I'm so happy for you! Tammy

    ReplyDelete