Saturday, February 20, 2016

Starting off right

And your current weight is...
beep beep beep beep beep beep beep...
*gasps*
--cuts to commercial--

Sorry, Justin and I have been watching The Biggest Loser again, and I love that silly show.  I groan when the weigh-ins aren't great, and cheer when the contestants pull double digit numbers.  When they start sharing the "whys" of their obesity, I tear up with them.

Left: 2009 at 225 lbs.; Right: 2012 at 140 lbs.
Anyways, my current weight is 191.4!  I've lost 3.6 pounds since my weigh-in on Wednesday!  *does a happy dance*

I've had a lot of "oh shit" moments this past week when it comes to tracking and logging my food.  There were no brainers like no break room sweets or skip the belgium waffle when I go visit Marlo at work on Thursday--but small things like coffee creamer and that second snack while sitting in Pāʻia traffic were a lot of extra calories!

My biggest food struggle as of late is the reintroduction of gluten into my diet.  I completely cut it out of my diet 3 years ago due to how awful it made me feel.  Debilitating stomach pains stopped as soon as I ceased eating it.  I know there has been a lot of controversy about whether or not gluten "intolerance" is even real, but it worked for me.  After getting pregnant, I developed a lactose intolerance that literally only lasted as long as I was pregnant.  I had read that people who had a hard time with gluten were "magically" able to handle it after baby, due to all the crazy things hormones do to your body, so I gave it a try.  Yup, I can eat gluten again.

Being able to suddenly eat a food group that you've previously been "deprived" of is dangerous.  Doughnuts?  Yay!  Waffles?  Yes.  REAL BREAD?!  Woooooo.  Unfortunately, consuming these things in large quantities isn't conducive to health or weight loss.  I don't have any immediate plans to go gluten-free again, but moderation is key from now on!

My goal for next week is 4 days of activity.  Adalei and I went for a walk Thursday night, but last night I was sooooo tired.  Should have went walking anyways since my little stinker of a daughter didn't go to bed until 11:30.  :p

Current weight: 191.4 lbs.
Weight to 10% goal: 15.9 lbs.

♡Kayleen

No comments:

Post a Comment