Friday, May 28, 2010

vacation!

+2.2 pounds.

Now let me preface this by saying it does suck, but I'm not at all self-loathing or disappointed in myself.  First of all, I knew this would happen if I ate anything I wanted to in Kauai.  I made half-assed attempts to eat some healthy things and some not healthy things, but at the end of the day, I wasn't really trying.  BUT I'M OKAY WITH THAT.  I was on vacation, and I truly enjoyed myself.  Justin and I had a FANTASTIC time, and we both loved it, and everything about the trip was great.

It may have been better if when we had gotten back from Kauai on Sunday, I had jumped back on my diet wagon.  But when we got to his parents house, his dad is redoing the kitchen, so we ate out pretty much every day for all meals.  Haha, so honestly, 2.2 isn't bad considering my diet consisted of sushi, samurai noodle, pizza twice, taco bell, and other terrible (but delicious) meals.  Haha, but now I'm back in Pullman, and ready to pick up where I left off.

And honestly, my body misses working out.  I can feel it.  I worked out once, the second day we were in Kauai.  My body clock wasn't adjusting as well as everyone else's, so I was awake at 6 AM.  I went down to the little 1990's work out room our condo had and do a half hour on the elliptical.  I felt SO much better after that.  Obviously I was still getting exercise by swimming and walking and stuff, but its not the same.  I love that my body craves exercise now.  I remember last June, when I started this, and Justin would have to drag me kicking and screaming out the door to go walking.  :)

I'll post one picture from Kauai for now.  I picked this one because a friend commented on it and said that I should frame it...lol.  I guess my posting it shows that I AM more comfortable with my body then ever, especially since I was allowing people to take pictures of me in my bathing suit.  lol.  I've still got a long way to go, but my confidence is building!  :)

Well, I have to get ready for work.  Here's so negative numbers for next week!

Current weight: 173.5 lbs
Weight to lose until 155:  18.5 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment