Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Its been 51 days.

51 days is too long.  I'm sorry I've been gone so long...that I temporarily gave up.  I'm mad at myself, but apparently I wasn't mad enough to get going again.  But here I am, working to forgive myself and find that fire I found 2 summers ago--when I exercised everyday and lost nearly 50 pounds over the course of 8 months.  How awesome was that?  I need to do that again.

I currently weigh 175.9.  The wii fit told me I had only gained 0.6 lbs in the 51 days since I last weighed.  I'll admit I was extremely relieved and very surprised that barely a pound was all the damage I had done.

I can make up a million excuses for this break--preschool was stressful, work was too much, no time to exercise, ect ect.  And as much as each of those excuses had an element of truth to them, I still needed to make more time and exert the effort to continue exercising and eating right.  Like Justin has pointed out to me a couple of times now, its not like its going to get easier--I'm not going to have more time, less stress.  This is it.  This is my time.

This semester, I'm making myself exercise. 
Right now, I'm signed up for Power sculpt Mondays and Wednesdays, Zumba on Saturday, and Piyo (pilates/yoga) on Sundays. 

My dad got me The Biggest Loser game for the Kinect for Christmas.  I turned that thing on today, and it honestly and completely kicked my ass.  I picked a moderate workout for 20 minutes, and wanted to die at the end.  And I picked Bob as my trainer...somehow I feel like having Jillian Michaels yell at my would make it even harder...lol.  I figure if I can throw the Biggest Loser workout into the mix twice a week, I'll be to my goals in no time.  There's a reason those people on the TV show lose weight like they do--their work out plans are KILLER.  I'm excited for this. 

I need to be excited if I'm going to be successful this time. Excited and motivated.  They put inspirational quotes on the walls of the "work-out" room on the Biggest Loser game.  I like this one:

"Don't lose sight of what you want!  Don't lose sight of what you're entitled too!" 

I want to be happy, healthy, and skinny.  And I have the right to be happy, healthy, and skinny.  I don't have to be fat.  I choose to be fat.  I can choose to change.  I am choosing to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment