Saturday, February 26, 2011

Running

-0.7.  Damn, I was hoping to get rid of all the gained weight from last week.

I swear every time I get super excited about a goal (for example, last week's post about how I'm going to break 170!), the exact opposite happens.

I actually made it to Zumba this week (yay!) because I got done with my teacher test a lot earlier than I thought I would.  Since I missed the first 15 minutes of the class, I went and ran on the track after the class was over.  It was nice to run again, and I think it also helped me decide that I DO want to sign up for Campus on the Run.

When I first read about the Campus on the Run, I was super excited, and couldn't wait to sign up.  Then I started to think about it, and started doubting myself...maybe I couldn't run the whole thing.  And then I saw the map, and saw the hills included in the run, and I was like, "Forget it, I can't do it."  I don't know why I doubt myself so much...why I don't believe in myself.  Who cares if I can't run the whole thing?  Even if I ran half of it, it would be a success.

I don't know why I'm so determined to run a 5K.  I guess just to say that I can?  And I guess I'm always seeing those Biggest Loser folks running a marathon towards the end of their weight loss program, and even though a 5K is A LOT less than a marathon, it would be MY "marathon."  It would be proof to myself that I'm in the best shape I've ever been in, and that I CAN run. 

I'm going to sign up.  :)
And NEXT week will be the 170 breaking week!  :)


Current weight: 170.2
Weight to lose until next goal: 4.7 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment