Monday, June 13, 2011

up down up down up down up down up down

Suck.  +0.9 lbs.

Justin and I attempted hiking again last weekend, but only went halfway up the trail and back down again.  I was feeling sick, and Justin did the last leg of the hike barefoot because his new hiking shoes broke and were giving him serious blisters...haha, we're definitely still novice hikers at best!  :)

Two days later, after a long, obnoxious day at work, I tell Justin and I want to go on a walk around the neighborhood, since it was nice and sunny.  I had come home from work and put on a dress and flipflops, and just wanted to enjoy the new weather.  WELP, SEVEN MILES LATER....lol.  We started heading for the water (Justin's neighborhood is right next to the Puget Sound, awesome!), but Justin has only ever driven there, so he didn't realize how far it was walking wise.  My feet were on fire, generally because flipflops are not good 7 mile walking shoes.

Here's the problem though: the next day, my ankle started throbbing at work.  And it STILL IS.  I believe I pulled some funky tendon the runs down the side of my foot under my ankle, and I have no idea how to fix it.  But let me tell you, working retail, and having to stand up all day, probably not helping it!

So the whole rest of the week, I did nothing.  I did walk to farmers market downtown on Thursday, but ended up limping back home rather than walking.  And apparently sitting all week with a bad ankle=weight gain.  This week I'm going to attempt to do some of the Pilates workouts on demand so at least I'm still getting my heart rate up, even though I can't actually do any strenuous activity standing up.

Here's hoping next weekend's weigh-in will be better!

Current weight: 164.7
New 5% goal weight to lose: 7.7

No comments:

Post a Comment