Sunday, April 10, 2016

planning.

-1 pound!

34 school days left.  I can't wait to be off for summer.  I can't wait to work out in the middle of the day instead of yawning my way through it after Adalei goes down for the night.

I figured out if I can keep up my one pound a week loss, I'll be back at my pre-pregnancy weight by the time we head home to visit family.  That will also be right around my 9 month mark, meaning I was able to get off my baby weight in the same amount of time that I put it on.  (And really, I gained more weight after I had Adalei...ugh.)

I'm constantly trying to seek the positive.  I find myself examining myself in the mirror after a shower and thinking to myself, "I think my belly looks a little smaller."  Walking in Target yesterday, I caught a side glimpse of myself in a mirror and thought, "Maybe my upper arms aren't as big as they used to be."  I still have a long way to go, but celebrating the small victories keeps me going.  In 2 weeks I'll have been at this for 3 months, and will take a second round of pictures to compare to my first set I took in February.

I also feel like I'm still able to find a balance between enjoying food without restricting myself too much.  I do find myself telling friends, "I can't have that!" in reference to a sweet treat or other unhealthy snack that they're sharing.  I think sometimes I sound crazy saying it, but saying it out loud reaffirms to myself the choice I am making.

I'm fairly certain I didn't win the diet bet that I'm doing with my sister-in-law.  That's okay.  Some of the other people in the group have already lost 3-4 pounds, which is great!  $5 well spent on my part! :)

See you next week!

Current weight: 183.8 lbs.
Pre-pregnancy goal: 8.8 lbs. to go!

❤️ Kayleen

No comments:

Post a Comment