Saturday, April 16, 2016

keep on keeping on.

This was me all week!
-1 pound!

Temptations were high this week.  I feel like every day at least one student was coming into my classroom in the afternoon offering me a piece of cake, a cookie, or a cupcake.  It's a standard practice by the kiddos at my school to share their leftover birthday treats with the other teachers on the floor.  I don't know what it is, but I have a really hard time telling the students no--like somehow me telling them "no thank you" will hurt their feelings, or make them less likely to want to share their treats in the future.  Crazy, I know!

When one of my former students brought me a piece of cake, I accepted, took a bite, and threw the rest away.  That one bite was delicious.  :D  It's all about balance, right?

My sister-in-law was hosting another weight loss challenge, this time 2 weeks long, but I decided to opt out.  While I always want to hurry along my weight loss, I've got a really steady pace going right now, and I feel like I shouldn't mess with it.  But only losing a pound a week also isn't going to win me any contests either.  :p

My Wednesday Night Workout
I hardly worked out this week.  My back has been hurting a lot more lately, and didn't really feel better after my chiropractor visit on Monday.  I even asked Justin to switch sides of the bed with me to see if switching up the mattress would help alleviate some of the morning soreness I'm experiencing.

I struggle with the balance between pushing myself to work out even if I'm sore, versus trying to work through a pain in my back and making it worse.  Bleh.  I only got 2 workout videos in and 1 long walk with Adalei.  I need to force myself to do more walks.  It's easy, Adalei likes riding in her stroller, the weather is always nice, plus, I can usually hit my 10,000 Fitbit steps if I walk at night!  There's really no reason why I shouldn't, other than the couch is comfortable and reruns of The OC are a wonderful guilty pleasure for me as of late.

See you next week!  I'll be posting my first round of results pictures.  I'm weirdly exciting and also nervous to compare where I was 2 months ago with where I am now.

Current weight: 182.8 lbs.
Pre-pregnancy goal: 7.8 lbs. to go!
Total weight loss: 12.2 lbs.

❤️ Kayleen

5 comments:

  1. I know what you mean with the bulging eyes looking at the cream puffs....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, tell me what is going on with your back dear.... Let me share some experiences with you. Six years ago I pinched a nerve in my left shoulder. I didn't go see a doctor, and I didn't go see a chiropractor. As time went on the nerve began to take a very serious toll on my left side. It was almost like I had a stroke. It started with excruciating pain. Now, I was a Charter Bus Driver and my job was to sit in a seat driving a 45 foot bus 10 hours a day. Not long after that I went to my Nieces out of state wedding. My arm was falling asleep all of the time, and I was in pain... I mean my finger tips hurt... All the way down my arm... Not only that, I was doing something to my self that was terrible. I used to soak in Hot Baths. Unknown to me, I was actually destroying my legs, and cooking myself. Yes the water was Hot. Well, I was becoming a train wreck... All the time, I was trying to battle my own bulge around the middle. Then one day I discovered I was cooking myself in hot baths, and started taking warm baths, and cool baths. Then about 3 years ago I discovered Magnesium. At first I was using Magnesium Citrate, and had the loose stools to go with it. But, I continued to take the Magnesium. It took a year but I can take 800 milligrams of Magnesium Citrate, and not get diarrhea. Slowly, very slowly, I began to heal. My shoulder stopped hurting, but I had nerve damage that still to this day has deadened part of my left hand and arm, and it's improving. Next I discovered high doses of sublingual (Methylcoboumin) vitamin B12. This sped up the repair of damaged nerves. Now I use vitamin K2, which has even sped things up more... My final discovery was Magnesium Glycinate. I can take it with no fear of loose stools and urgent bathroom calls..... I hope this helps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had minor scoliosis as a kid and then was in a car accident in college. I've just come to terms with the fact that my back will always hurt a little and have learned to manage it the best that I can. :/

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  3. That is so true about treats that are offered! You have to take them to be polite! Good luck on your weight loss. Losing weight is tough but worth it. It sounds like you have a good system working for you right now. Keep it up, and I hope the chiropractic treatment helps you keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete