Thursday, April 28, 2016

time crunch.

-1.2 pounds!

I've totally been slacking (which is evident by the fact that this blog post is going up 5 days after my weigh-in.  I know I said I was going to do pictures and measurements on Saturday, but it's going to have to wait until this Saturday.

It's the inevitable time crunch that all teachers run into at the end of the year--state testing, wrapping up learning, assessments for report cards, meetings, SO MANY damn reflections, and looking ahead to next school year--buying supplies, looking at our upcoming students.  We have to tear down everything beautiful that we created at the beginning of the year only to start all over again in July.  It always turns out okay, but it feels SO manic in the 20 days that we're trying to do it all.
A little bit of Rumi wisdom

I've also felt like garbage the past week or so.  Fighting breast-feeding issues, having a 3 day long headache, and other seemingly random aches and pains has made life pretty junky.  BUT, today I feel awesome, and am hoping this is the turnaround.  It also helps that I got a full 7 hours of sleep last night.  Feels wonderful.  :)

I also booked our flights for our trip home!  Adalei and I will be flying in Portland on June 15th.  Justin will join us a couple of days later, and then we'll head up to Seattle to spend time with family there too.  :)  Which means I have 6 and a half weeks to lose 6.6 more pounds to meet my first goal.  I'm stoked because I think this is a very attainable and manageable goal.  :)

See you on Saturday with an on-time blog post!

Current weight: 181.6 lbs.
Pre-pregnancy goal: 6.6 lbs. to go!
Total weight loss: 13.4 lbs.

❤️ Kayleen

No comments:

Post a Comment