Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Round is a shape, yeah? :)

Hello Fat blog followers!   :)

I neglected to post on Friday, considering I did not have much to say.  I pulled another zero last week, and I'm pretty glad that zero was the outcome.  I had a pretty exciting food week (lol, word choice), and ate out quite a few times.  If you live on Maui, the 808 Deli is amazing, and half Guinness, half some other kind of light beer in a giant mug at the Outback is also amazing.  Haha. 

These food choices in themselves may not have been the absolute worse (I didn't go to a all-you-can-eat buffet or anything), but I do get nervous when I can't be really sure what my point values are.  The guy at Outback who bought me the Guinness mix told me that Guinness beer actually has less calories than a Budweiser--which, I just googled, and he wasn't lying to me.  12 ounces of Guinness has 126 calories, while a normal Budweiser has 147.  Interesting!

I did one Biggest Loser workout last Wednesday, and then hobbled around for 2 days because my legs and hips hurt so badly.  When I did I become so out of shape?  Oh yeah, when I stopped working out!  I walk all the time, and both of my jobs require me to stand for long periods of the day, but I haven't done the traditional work-out since I left Pullman.  (On a side note, I miss the WSU Rec Center SO much.  I wish I would've used it WAY more than I did when I had it.) 

I just got done letting Bob kick my ass with a 35 minute moderate work-out.  I'm feeling good right now, which is a vast improvement from last Wednesday, because I was already hurting a half hour after the routine.  My goal is to get at least 1 more workout in with Bob before Friday, 2 if I'm lucky. 

Really, the rest of my weight loss journey is going to be so dependent on my activity levels.  I can keep cutting my calories, but I don't exercise along with it, my boobs are just going to completely disappear...lol.  The working out always feels good after, but I really have to talk myself into turning on the Xbox.  And really I'm burning even more calories than the program tells me because its hot as hell in our second floor apartment while I'm jogging in place.  Haha.

Apple pie baked in the apple!  :)
As for foods, I've been rocking the crockpot recipes for awhile now.  Last night, I ventured out of my comfort zone and made a dessert recipe a found on pinterest.  They actually turned out quite amazing!  :) 

The recipe for the apple pie can be found here.

The excavating of the apples was quite hard, and I just bought 2 more apples to use for the filling.  I cut her sugar/brown sugar/cinnamon stats in half, and used Truvia for the sugar.  And the topping is actually reduced-fat crescent rolls instead of pie crust, mostly because that stuff is expensive!  And I only need a little bit and not a whole pound of it.  :)  Justin ate one when he got home last night, and said he really enjoyed it.  I ate a couple of bites, and I liked it as well. 

I'm really loving pinterest for all the awesome recipes that folks post on there.  Some are already healthy, and others I can easily adapt to make them better.  The whole apple above is 4 points.  And I don't even think I could eat a whole one!

Well, I'm out for now.  Here's to keeping my workout goals and seeing some scale movement on Friday (of the down variety, of course!) 

Current weight: 142 pounds
Less than hubby weight: 5 pounds
Weight to lose to meet final goal: 12 pounds

No comments:

Post a Comment