Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Beginnings

I worked out on the wii fit for about twenty minutes. I waited too long, and now its super late, and I didn't want to do it too long because it's going to be hard for me to fall asleep right now as it is, and I have to get up tomorrow for class. ugh.

The wii said I weighed 224 pounds, so that's what I'm going with as my starting weight, since that's what I'll be weighing myself on consistently throughout.

I had dinner with Brian and had a (pretty gross) spinach turkey/ham wrap with honey mustard sauce. Though its supposed to be a "healthy option," the meat was awfully salty, which made it kind of gross. My baked lays were delicious though. =]

Along with all of this, I'm working on drinking the daily amount of water...but I have no idea how much it is. A little research on it told me that the 8 by 8 rule (eight 8 ounce glasses) is entirely too much, and you're supposed to only drink 4. Another post said to divide your weight in half and drink that many ounces of water. (Which, for me, would be 112 ounces, which is almost twice as much as the 8 by 8 rule, and that rule is disputed!) So I have no idea. But I have been filling up a water bottle and leaving it on my desk, which has helped me. I've probably had about two of them today, plus the two glasses I had with lunch and dinner.

With that, I'm off to bed. Thank you to everyone who has already given me encouraging words, including Kim and Tricia from my staff, who thought about my birthday and cake. =] They're getting healthy snacks instead. They're awesome. =]

1 comment:

  1. I use the 2 ounces for every hour you're awake rule. It works really well because most of the non disposable water bottles have at least every 2 ounces marked.

    ReplyDelete