Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 1 (kind of )

I haven't completely decided what I'm going to do with this blog. But I just feel like if at least one person is reading it, it gives me that much more motivation to keep going. Maybe I'll just write down how I think I'm doing, or I was thinking about taking pictures to get track of my progress. Obviously I'll put in weekly updates on weight loss. I guess it will just be a evolving blog. :)

Today was definitely more of a preparation day than the first real day of eating better. But I did work out. A lot.

Justin and I went to Safeway and I spent around 50 bucks on HEALTHY food. I stocked my fridge with fruit and yogurt, and put snacks on my shelf that are healthy for me. If only I had the money to just eat food I bought for myself, this would be so much easier. But because I will be eating a majority of my meals in the dining centers, this whole adventure will be that much more tricky. But I'm prepared.

Justin drug me to the REC center, and I'm definitely glad I went. I went 1.5 miles on the elliptical, and did various arm and leg exercises on different machines. Justin showed me quite a few different ones that work out different muscles in your body, and I can definitely say a few of those muscles I don't think I have ever used. Hah. But it was nice to find out which machines I liked to use and which ones gave me a good work out.

Our goal is to go to the REC 3 times a week. And my own personal goal is to use the wii fit on the days that we don't go to the Rec. I know that might become a little overwhelming for me, but its something to try. Or at least use the wii fit if we can't make it to the Rec. I'm really hoping that my schedule this semester is going to be attainable so I can see this whole thing through. I definitely want too. (Well , obviously. Hah.)

Tomorrow is the first day of eating only foods that are good for me (I just had left over pizza, but I'm not ordering anymore again for quite a long time), and hopefully this venture will really start.

I don't even want to know how sore I'm going to be tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

  1. ONE, Thats just the start

    Drug? lol first it sounded like he gave you sleeping pills and you woke up there.

    ReplyDelete