Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New shoes

Justin took me over to Moscow and I got new work out shoes, a new sports bra, and a new pair of basketball shorts to work out in. I also bought a daily woman's multi-vitamin, figuring it couldn't hurt to start taking those as well. It also guarantees that I get my calcium everyday, because as much as a love milk, I tend to forget to drink it.

We got back and went to the REC. I called Brian up and he went with us. The first time we went I did 15 minutes on the eliptical and went 1.5 miles. This time, I brought a magazine and took it slower, but went longer. My muscles definitely didn't scream at me as much for not pushing myself as far. I went a full 25 minutes, which was awesome, but the distance was only 1.75 miles. I just made sure to keep my heart rate up, that way I'm still burning calories.

From there I went to the various other machines that work and tone the different muscles in my body. I really like this one machines that Justin showed me that works the back of my arms. I hate how flabby and fat they are, and I'm excited that I'm working on them. The first time I did 3 reps of 10 on the machine, and this time I could only do 1 rep because those muscles were soooo sore when I started to work them out. It's okay though, they probably didn't know what to do because I don't think I've ever worked them out in any way, shape, or form.

With that, I'm heading to Justin's to pass out. I'm pretty sleepy, and though I feel good from working out, I'm exhausted. I just wish I would've eaten a little bit before I had gone, because by the time I got back to my room, I was feeling pretty lame because I was so hungry. But now I'm all better because I had a bowl of special k and some toast. =] My favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Since you're working on your fitness and taking multivitamins, you might want to look into taking some extra Vitamin D as well. Julio's mom told me that at the hospital (where she works) they are taking blood tests for the levels of vitamin D in the people that are coming in because people with the deficiency are more susceptible to getting diabetes and cancer. The recommended daily intake of vitamin D was 400g but they are changing that to 1,000g! Just thought I'd throw that out there, since Julio and I are working on the same thing ourselves. :)

    -Kimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, People with *that* deficiency. :) But I'm sure you knew what I meant.

    ReplyDelete